STOCKTON, CA - A non-profit fireworks stand was burned down Saturday around 6 a.m.
Stockton Deputy Fire Chief Paul Willette said the cause of the fire was arson; however, no suspects are in custody.
Phantom Fireworks stand is operated by a local non-profit group Parents by Choice, which provides foster kids with homes in the area.
"Although we were extremely disheartened by the fire, it's nothing compared to the plight of what some of our foster kids face every day," Parents by Choice Executive Director Tony Yadon said. "This is the only fundraiser we do all year, and you can imagine how disheartening it was. But we were determined to rise from the ashes."
"Our Fire Prevention Unit was working closely with the Wholesaler, in this case, Phantom Fireworks, to get them up and running within a few hours," Willette said.
There were no fireworks in the stand at the time of the fire.