STOCKTON - A 2-year-old girl was in critical condition after ingesting marijuana when left unsupervised by her father Tuesday evening, according to authorities.
The incident happened just before 2 p.m. at a home on the 2300 block of Budiselich Road, said San Joaquin County Sheriff's spokesman Les Garcia. The girl was rushed to a local hospital after she became lethargic and began having seizures. The toddler tested positive for THC, a chemical compound found in marijuana, said Garcia.
Investigators determined the child was left unsupervised for about 15 minutes by her father, identified as Alfonso Correa, and his acquaintance Juan Zambrano, who was also at the home at the time of the incident. During that time period, the girl was able to access a jar lid that had resim from several marijuana cigarettes on it. Garcia said she somehow ingested some it, causing an overdose.
Detectives served a search warrant around 3:30 a.m.